Saturday, July 17, 2010

This Song :)


Originally Dated: Friday, October 20, 2006

the story of this song



Once upon a time when I was like 4, my dad would listen to oldies 94.1 and whenever the Beach Boys came on the radio, he would say "Amber, do you know who this is?" and I always knew the answer..

THE BEACH BOYS!

And he did it always.. and I could have cheated because for awhile it was always them, but it didn't matter. I didn't need to cheat. I knew it. And still to this day, my dad and me will drive around with the stereo cranked all the way, playing the Beach Boys greatest hits volume 1 and we will sing out poor little lungs out and laugh hysterically! Its some good times.. and even better is now we do it in his bright yellow convertible mustang, with the top down, that he has dreamed of having for like his entire life. And it is wonderful. THe good memories with my dad. I cherish them. Always.
And there is more. Once upon a time this really amazing guy who I love dearly, sang this to me. Because why? Who knows? I do. And it makes me really happy to hear this song. So I think of him too!
So.. that is the story of this song.
I smile everytime I hear it!


Just thought I would share that with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment