Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Floods are Coming

I've been feeling way too much of a drought around here.

No, I am (very obviously) not talking about the weather here in Utah. 
We seem to be attempting our own ocean here. We might even succeed.

I am talking about a happy, bubbly, energetic, emotional drought. In me. 

I have sat down and started so many different blog posts the last 2 months, and while I have wanted to share, I just could never do it. I always felt like something was wrong, or missing, and that I didn't want to 'put it out there' without it being right.

I read all of your blogs, and so many others. I look forward to seeing your updates about your lovely families, and what is going on in your lives.

I saw one of my favorite blogs on the news feed with 6 different posts since I read not even a week ago. My heart was happy. I love to read and it makes me so excited to share too. I especially love all of my "Mormon-mommy-bloggers" and how quite a few of you actually posted about being one. It is a great title I think.. I learn a lot from you all and you uplift my spirits.

I know that I should not be jealous, or envious, or anything of the sort. I don't think I really am. I just seem to not be able to express my joy, love or excitement as well as others. I'm working on it, and I think that it would just be better if I just put it out there and didn't worry if I failed (as I see it) to express how truly blessed and happy I am with my life.

I'm working on it.. and have decided that I need to just share what has been going on, and to not worry if my life doesn't seem perfect [because it isn't always] or if I don't seem to be expressing things the best way possible [which might be often] and instead just get it off my chest and out there so I can finally feel as if I have done my part to share and notate our life. 

I want to share the joys of this 2nd pregnancy, of being a mom to a nearly 2 year old who NEVER stops talking, of getting to grow closer to my beautiful daughter-from-another-mother (she recently learned that with 'brother' and thinks it is hilarious) and of getting to love and be loved by such a wonderful, smart, hardworking, SEXY man. I may also need to share frustrations, like the pregnancy side effects and early contractions, or the terrible 2 monster that comes a few times a week, or maybe even how hard it is to watch a certain struggle and not be able to fix it right away, or of missing my hubby. 

I want to share it all, because I want to document our life, and I want to share it with you, my friends who so kindly share your lives with me and with whom I can truly, wonderfully relate to.

No, the floods I'm talking about are not in Ogden Canyon, or your back yard, or your basement. (I hope and pray that none of you have those. Sorry to those I know who have experienced recently with the floods.)

Hopefully these floods will bring laughter, joy or understanding. Or at least peace for me.

The floods are coming. 
Be prepared. 

1 comment: