Sunday, October 04, 2009

2 Months

I'm slow, I know.. but at least I am getting caught up.
On September 8th, Ezra had his 2 month appointment with Dr. Luce.
And the results of the measurements:
Length: 23 in = 50% [increase of 10%]
Weight: 12.11 lbs = 70% [increase of 55%]
Head Circ.: 40.4 cm = 50% [increase of 20%]
This kid is huge, I tell ya! He was so little when he was born, and he was rather small at his last appointment. [Seriously. The kid jumped from the 15th percentile to the 70th percentile in weight in less than 2 months.]


Dr. Luce said he is doing fabulous though. She was wonderful and gave us over $60 worth of samples of the formula that Ezra is on. (Sadly, I had to stop nursing at about 6 weeks. He hated it, and I couldn't keep up with pumping.) He has a really hard time with milk it seems, so he is on hypoallergenic formula because not even soy helped very much. Most all of my siblings and myself were this way, and we all pretty much grew out of it. Dr. Luce said there is a good chance he will grow out of it to as he gets older, which is a relief.

Ezra is now 3 months old, and I am back at work. I was really uneasy about it until I got there, but it really has been pretty good and Ezra has enjoyed his time with my mom and sister while I've been gone. I'm working long days so that I only have to be gone 3 days a week. Ezra is with my mom or my sister for between 6 and 7 hours a day, and then he gets some quality time with Jarom until I get home. I feel like I miss a lot, but really it is for the best for now. Hopefully soon I will be able to go to part time so I can be home more.




Ezra has grown so much and he is definitely becoming his own person more and more each day. He loves to laugh and give big smiles, but if you do something that bothers him he gives a nasty scowl. It is super cute! He has started to go to bed between 9 and 11 (it depends on the day) and he will sleep until about 6:30 and then get up to eat. Jarom is the best and he usually does that feeding most nights since he is getting up for work then anyway. After he eats, he usually goes back to sleep until about 9:00. He has started to realize that he can entertain himself, so I usually get to listen to him "sing" until he decides he needs some attention.


He is such a wonderful, sweet little boy who is growing so fast. We love him so much and are so grateful that our gracious Heavenly Father has blessed our family with his presence.






No comments:

Post a Comment