Tuesday, February 28, 2012

We're Cooking!

I've been trying to be a better wife and mother by actually cooking meals (mostly) from scratch.

Will some motivation from my best friend Sue at Hello. Also, I love you. and some recipe ideas found at Chef-in-Training, I have started to plan meals ahead of time, prepare home cooked meals, and do nearly all of it from scratch. 

My family is happy.. 
My hubby's employee's are sometimes jealous..
I feel a bit less stressed (usually)
and I think it is becoming a habit.

I like it.

Thank you to my inspirations.. my family and their belly's thank you.

Check out some of what we've been enjoying below. 
(unless otherwise stated, the original recipe was found at Chef-in-Training)

Stuffed French Toast

 German Pancakes 

Cupcakes
{from a box mix}

German Pancakes
{Ezra helped dye them blue for fun}


Crepes & Vanilla Sauce
{a 'Cooking for Two' recipe book I got for my wedding, dyed red for Valentines Day} 

Turtle Cookies
{from a package.. and torn apart by Ezra before Daddy could enjoy them}

Chicken Fajitas
{made by my own creativity, using a WF fajita seasoning mix}

Thin Mint Truffles
{found on a Mouth Watering Monday feature at Chef-in-Training.. Original recipe from Cookin' Cowgirl}

Baked Mac & Cheese
Lemon & Herb Tilapia {mine}
& Green beans

Turkey Sandwich, Dill Pickle, and Special K cracker chips
{nothing fancy.. just a delicious lunch. No recipe needed.}

And these cute cupcakes below were made from a box mix, and decorated by me and Ezra at his friends house. 
{My friend's house.. it just works out well that my friend is his friends mom.}
I should also mentioned the fondant and cupcakes were made by my friend and her mom, I just played with the fondant while at her house.



1 comment: