Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Changes

Our little family has gone through quite a lot of changes these past 2 months.

*Jarom was set apart as the Elders Quorum President in the Jefferson 1st Ward.

*That same day we received an answer to our months worth of prayers about what we should do.. and the answer was to SELL OUR HOME.

The next day, Monday, we contacted 2 Realtors.
Tuesday we chose which one we would go with. [Adam Packer is truly the best!]
Wednesday our home was officially listed.
Thursday we had an offer on our home for exactly what we asked for.
Friday- we started packing.

Saturday and part of Sunday was spent tiling our main bathroom.
The next week we cleaned and packed.
By the 2nd week in May, we were moving.

*We now live with my wonderful parents in Taylor.

*We share a room with Ezra.

*Addie shares a room with Megan.

*I actually eat more than once a day. [and I've got the chunk to prove it.]

*Ezra spent a lot of time away from me as I worked school days at Lagoon to get our family some free entertainment for the summer.

All of my dishes are packed.
All of my photos and decorations are packed.
Everything that is not a necessity is packed away.
I miss my home.

But we are doing what we are supposed to do right now.
Heavenly Fathers knows best.

"I will go, I will do, the things the Lord commands
I know the Lord provides a way; He wants me to obey."

We feel truly blessed that we received an answer to our prayers.
and that we had so many great people willing to take us in.

We are blessed to have my family to live with and for all of their help with Ezra and everything else we need.

We were blessed by the Lord for following his commands.. for giving up the comforts of our own home, the quiet, cleanliness of our first home together, in order to provide the best for our children and to keep other commandments of our Heavenly Father.

Our home sold quickly, and we left our ward so fast. It feels surreal. But I know it was for the best and that we were blessed for listening.

Changes. So many changes. But we are adjusting. And life will be great. Because we love the Lord.

More updates to come.. when the wireless works better so I can do this from my own computer.

Thank you to everyone who has been there helping us and supporting us. We couldn't do it without you.

Much Love,
Amber

Ps.. Some things to look forward to:
* Ezra crawling!
* Memorial Day camping trip
* Final goodbye to our home
* New Ezra pictures!
* Our temporary home
and much much more!

2 comments:

  1. I'm STILL jealous you sold your home so fast. Send some of that mojo our way!! We still haven't sold--not even an offer!

    I have so much to blog about . . . and there's so much I've wanted to tell you, but you're not my neighbor anymore!!! WAH . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that your offer fell through. Now you can use our appraisal as a comparable and then it should help a lot more. I'm sorry that whoever appraised your house was nuts and didn't put what it is worth. :(

    And just because we aren't neighbors doesn't mean you can't tell me.. I'm always here for you and I miss getting to chat with you about life. We really should get together! From what I hear we aren't that far from each other still..

    ReplyDelete