Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"I want to help you, but I don't know how"

I really wish I was a superhero. Like Superman, except a woman. I wish I could save those I love and care for from so much pain. I wish I could protect them. Pain and trial and adversity are part of life, and they are the part that makes everything else more satisfying and it worth it in the end. And everyone must experience it, but I really wish I could save them from it.

When I was little and I would get hurt, even if it wasn't bad, I would go running to my mom and ask her to put a bandaid on it. It didn't matter if I was cut or if I had just stubbed my toe, I needed to have her put this bandaid on. I was old enough and responsible enough to do it myself, but in order for it to really feel better I needed my mom to do it. Still to this day I will call my mom to make me soup when I am sick, or to come over and rub my head, and lots of times I make Jarom bandage my injuries for me. It just makes it seem so much better that way.

I have two friends, well I consider them friends at least, who are going through a very tough time right now. They are both one of the most wonderful people I have ever met. I really wish we were closer. But even though we are not the closest, I still want all the best for them. I wish I could take away all of the very hard things that are coming and make everything better. I wish I had a bandage that I could use to repair the hurt and make it better.

In this case, I can't do that. But I do know that Heavenly Father watches over all of us, and he has a plan for each and everyone of us. Sometimes it is hard to see that, especially when 'dark clouds of trouble hang o'er', but He is always there for us and will NEVER leave us alone. "This life is an experience in profound trust- trust in Jesus Christ, trust in His teachings, trust in our capacity as led by the Holy Spirit to obey those teachings for happiness now and for a purposeful, supremely happy eternal existence."

I know with all of my heart that the Lord is always by our side and that if we push our selfish thoughts aside (Why me? Why do I have to suffer?) and instead ask the Father what he would have us do (What am I to change? How can I remember my many blessings in times of trial?) we will be blessed with the strength to overcome the adversity facing us in our lives. I know this is true no matter how big or how small the trial may be. I know that Heavenly Father cares just as much for each of us, no matter how rich or poor, active or not, black or white. You name it. We are all children of God and He loves each of us with an immense passion we can't quite understand. I know that He blesses my life everyday, with things great and small. I know that He blesses the lives of those around me, and that I am blessed by having these people in my life to strenghten me through hard times.

I know that I can't save my friends from the trials they are facing right now, but I know that the Lord will be with them and will bless them as He sees fit, and that everything will work out okay. I know that I am not perfect, but I do have some small talents that I can share. (I can bake yummy goodies, and love to play with kids!) And I know that I can help the Father help my friends by doing all I can to serve them and help them in anyway I can. And I know that this will bless me and my family as we need it. Which makes me very happy.

I love my friends, I love my neighbors, I love my family, my husband and miss Addilynn especially. I really want the best in life for all of them and want to do all I can to help them get everything they need.

I love you for reading this, and for making me feel like I am important to someone. We all need to feel important. I appreciate everyone who makes me feel that way, and I am going to strive my hardest to show those around me how important, special and loved they are. Especially my friends. And you.


2 Corinthians 4: 17-18
"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal."

1 comment: